Are you looking for quotes, statuses, or captions about silence ? Then you’ve come to the right place because today I’m going to share with you some of the best silence quotes that you can also use as statuses or captions. So let’s start without further ado!
Quotes About Silence:
1. “Silence is a great art of conversation.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
2. “Silence is the last thing the world will hear from me.” – Marley Matlin
3. “Silence is the refreshment of the soul.” – Winona Judd
4. “In the end, we will remember the silence of our friends, not the words of our enemies.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
5. “Silence is as deep as eternity, speech as shallow as time.” – Thomas Carlyle
6. “Silence is the ultimate weapon of power.” – Charles de Gaulle
7. “He who does not understand your silence may not understand you.” – Elbert Hubbard
8. “Sometimes you don’t have to say anything. Silence speaks volumes.” – Disha Patani
9. “Speech is time, silence is eternity.” – Thomas Carlyle
10. “Silence is also a conversation.” – Ramana Maharshi
11. “When the words become blurred, I will focus with photographs. When images become insufficient, I will be content with silence.” – Ansel Adams
12. “Speaking comes naturally, understanding silence.” – German proverb
13. “Silence is better than meaningless words.” – Pythagoras
14. “Your very silence shows you agree.” – Euripides
15. “Silence is the sleep that nourishes wisdom.” – Francis Bacon
16. “Open your mouth only if what you are going to say is better than silence.” – Spanish Proverb
17. “Bird watching requires silence.” – Robert Lind
18. “Silence is the ultimate weapon of power.” – Charles de Gaulle
19. “Silence is the mother of truth.” – Benjamin Disraeli
20. “ All that is created comes out of silence. Thought arises from the void of silence. Sound comes out of the void. From the void your essence has sprung. All creativity requires some persistence.” – Wayne Dyer
21. “Behind what is heard lies the silence that we have been searching for for so long.” – Andreas Fransson
22. “What keeps my heart awake is colorful silence.” – Claude Monet
23. “Lies are told by words, and lies are told by silence.” – Adrienne Rich
24. “The most important conversations in our lives happen in silence.” – Simon Van Boy
25. “There is silence within each of us. A silence as vast as the universe. And when we feel that silence, we remember who we are.” – Gunilla Norris
26. “When silence is used as a weapon it can hurt more than words.” – Jill Thrussell
27. “Silence propagates itself and the longer discussion is suspended, the harder it is to find something to say.” – Samuel Johnson
28. “Silence in due season is wisdom, and better than any speech.” – Plutarch
29. “I always believed that my silence on various issues would be an advantage in the long run.” – Aishwarya Rai
30. “Silence is golden when you can’t think of a good answer.” – Muhammad Ali
31. “Every word is like a needless stain on silence and emptiness.” – Samuel Beckett
32. “He who sleeps in constant noise is awakened by silence.” – William Dean Howells
33. “The most boring thing in the world? Silence.” – Justin Timberlake
34. “Silence is safer than speaking.” – Epictetus
35. “Silence is sometimes the best answer.” – The Dalai Lama
A few words about silence:
Silence, indeed, has a strange power. Sometimes fighting, anger or arguing with someone does not get the job done, but silence can help get the job done.
Just think, how this silence has saved you from some bad consequences! For example, you are talking to your father about something. And while talking you said something that made your father very angry with you.
And, made you very stupid. Now think about it, if you had kept quiet at that time and said only what was necessary, you wouldn’t have said anything out of your mouth that would have angered your father, right?
This is just an example of respect. There are many occasions in our daily life when holding silence and keeping quiet becomes our prime need of the hour.
Now, on the other hand, it may be that you have found some new leisure to keep quiet for a while that you would not have had if you had spoken.
But yes, I must say one thing about silence.
I agree that it is not always possible to protest. But if injustice is happening in front of you and you remain silent then it means that you are actually helping the injustice.
So whenever a situation of injustice comes in front of you, if you can, definitely protest against it and try to stop it. And if not, take the help of someone who is able to stop that injustice.