Pavitra Lokesh is an Indian actress who primarily appears in supporting roles in Telugu and Kannada films and television shows. In December 2022, she came into the limelight after Naresh Babu, an Indian actor, announced his fourth marriage to her on his Twitter handle.
Pavithra Lokesh or Pavithralokesh Mysore Lokesh was born on Tuesday, 20 February 1979 (age 44 years; as of 2023) in Mysore, Karnataka, India. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. Pavitra completed her schooling at Nirmala Convent High School in Mysore. In 1993, she enrolled herself at the S.B.R.R Mahajana Pre-University College in Mysore, where she earned a Bachelor of Commerce . She pursued a Master of Arts degree in Kannada and English. As per some media sources, Pavitra holds a double post-graduate degree.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Parents & Siblings
Pavitra’s father, Mysore Lokesh, was an Indian actor who primarily worked in Kannada films. He passed away on 14 October 1994, at the age of 47. Her mother worked as a teacher in a school in Mysore.
She has a younger brother, Aadhi Lokesh, an actor who primarily appears in Kannada films.
Husband & Children
Pavitra Lokesh is married twice. On 20 August 2004, she got married to her first husband, a software engineer, in Hyderabad. After divorcing her first husband, in 2007, Pavitra got married to Suchendra Prasad, an Indian theatre, film, and television actor, in Dharmasthala, Karnataka , but some media sources claim that Pavitra was in a live-in relationship with Suchendra since 2007. However, the couple parted ways and got separated in 2018. Together, the couple had two sons, Vistrutha, who was born on 1 March 2012 and another, who was born in June 2016.
Pavitra Lokesh is in a relationship with Naresh Babu, an Indian actor and stepbrother of Mahesh Babu. Both met on the sets of the Telugu film Happy Wedding in 2018, but their bond developed during the shoot of the Telugu film Sammohanam.
On 31 December 2022, Naresh took to Twitter and announced his fourth marriage to Pavitra.
New Year ✨
New Beginnings 💖
Need all your blessings 🙏
From us to all of you #HappyNewYear ❤️
— H.E Dr Naresh VK actor (@ItsActorNaresh) December 31, 2022
Pavitra Lokesh follows Hinduism.
In 1995, at the age of sixteen, Pavitra made her acting debut with the Kannada film Mister Abhishek.
In 1997, she played the role of Mohini, an antagonist in the Kannada film Ulta Palta. In 2003, Pavitra made her Telugu debut with the film Dongodu.
In 2006, she shot to fame with the Kannada film Naayi Neralu in which she played the role of Venkatalakshmi.
In 2013, Pavitra made her Tamil debut with the film Gouravam.
In 2015, she received a positive response for her performance in the Telugu film Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju as Parvathi. Pavitra was nominated for Filmfare Awards South for Best Supporting Actress (Telugu) and South Indian International Movie Awards for Best Supporting Actress (Telugu) for the film Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju.
In 2003, Pavitra gained recognition in the television industry with her performance in the Kannada television show Guptagamini on ETV Kannada ( now, Colors Kannada). In 2010, Pavitra played the role of a goddess in the Kannada television show Devi on Zee Kannada.
In 2013, she appeared in the Tamil television show Mahabharatham in which she played the role of Devaki on Sun TV. In 2019, Pavitra appeared as Meenakshamma in the Kannada television show Aramane Gili on Star Suvarna.
In 2021, Pavitra made her digital debut with the Telugu web series 11th Hour in which she played the role of Gayatri Reddy on Aha, starring Tamannaah Bhatia.
Pavitra Lokesh has appeared in the commercial for brands Sri Kumaran Gold and Diamonds and Gayatri Milk.
Assaulted by Naresh’s ex-wife, Ramya Raghupathi
In July 2022, Pavitra, and his rumoured boyfriend, Naresh was assaulted by his ex-wife Ramya Raghupathi, after she found them together at a hotel in Mysore. While Naresh and Pavitra were exiting the hotel, Ramya abused them and tried to attack them with her slippers following which Pavitra and Naresh were provided with police protection to safely exit the hotel. Naresh, while addressing the media reporters, revealed that after he sent a divorce notice to her, Ramya, along with her rumoured boyfriend, Rakesh Reddy was trying to defame and blackmail him. According to some media sources, Pavitra filed a complaint against Ramya for allegedly stalking and harassing her in public at the Mysore police station. In an interview, Pavitra talked about the harassment and offence she faced after Ramya’s alleged behaviour outside the hotel and said,
I am not new to Telugu people or the industry. I needn’t explain my relationship with Naresh. To defame me out of her interests is something very upsetting. I felt like why this is happening to me. She is making me the victim and this is not correct. She should settle scores within the family.”
Additionally, Ramya, while addressing the reporters, revealed her husband’s affair with Pavitra and said,
They claimed that they are best friends but stayed together in a single room all night. I am here raising concern over my son’s future and protecting his interests. I come from a proper Hindu family and I don’t like to get separated from my husband.”
Lodged complaint against stalking
In July 2022, Pavitra lodged a complaint with the Cyber Crime, Economic Offences, and Narcotics (CEN) Police Station against a few media house representatives for stalking her at V.V. Puram police station in Mysore, Karnataka. ((Star of Mysore In her complaint, she alleged that someone created fake Facebook accounts under her name in which several offensive and defamatory content was posted and false rumours were spread, which harassed her mentally and affected her sanity.
In 2005, Pavitra won the Best Actress Award at the Karnataka State Film Awards for the Kannada film Naayi Neralu.
- Pavitra is fondly called Pavi by her friends and family members.
- Pavitra’s father, Mysore Lokesh, passed away when she was in the ninth standard. While completing her graduation, Pavitra aspired to appear for the Civil Services Examination (CSE), but due to the declining financial condition of her family, she decided to help her mother by looking after the expenses. Despite having a film background, Pavitra was hesitant to pursue her career as an actress. After completing her graduation, Pavitra appeared for the Civil Services Examination (CSE) but failed at her first attempt following which she chose acting as her career after Ambarish, an Indian actor, who was her father’s close friend, asked her to act in one of his films.
- After the release of her first two films, Mister Abhishek and Bangarada Kalasha, Pavitra revealed that she took a break of almost two years as she received unpleasant treatment from her fellow directors. She stated that working with Ambarish, her debut director, was easy as he was her father’s close companion, but she later experienced offensive and poor conduct from other directors, which made her come up with the decision of taking a break from acting.
With the second film, I realised not all were like him, and also learnt what stardom was all about. People who’d drop in at home and have lunch with us, people who I had known ever since I was a kid, suddenly stopped being supportive of me. I was disillusioned. Around that time, I decided to take a break. But the situations I experienced, the insults, the shabby treatment, helped me grow as a person. I didn’t work for two years.”
- After making her debut with the film Mister Abhishek in 1995, Pavitra worked as an HR assistant with a private firm in Bangalore.
- Naresh and Pavitra appeared together in a few Telugu films Happy Wedding, Sammohanam, MCA Middle-Class Abbayi, Entha Manchi Vadavu Raa, and Lakshmi Raave Maa Intiki.
- In an interview, Pavitra stated that Allu Arjun is her favourite actor.
- In an interview, Pavitra talked about the drawbacks she faced in the film industry and one such was her height, which made directors reluctant in choosing her as the lead character in the film. She said,
I was taller than most heroines of my time. I was almost as tall as the heroes. So, most directors hesitated to cast me as the leading lady. Yet, I have no regrets. Was I not offered those kinds of roles, I would have faded sooner.”