Nayandeep Rakshit is an Indian journalist, entertainment writer, and TV host. He is known for his fun interviews with Indian celebrities from the entertainment industry.
Nayandeep Rakshit was born on Wednesday, 13 May 1992 (age 30 years; as of 2022) in Kolkata, West Bengal. His zodiac sign is Taurus.
In 2010, he completed his schooling in science at Vivekananda Mission School, Joka, Kolkata, West Bengal.
In 2013, he studied journalism and mass communication at Nirmal Agarwal College Coach, Kolkata, West Bengal. Rakshit then studied at Academy for Professional Excellence (APEX) in Kolkata, West Bengal.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Nayandeep Rakshit belongs to a Bengali family.
Parents & Siblings
His mother’s name is Nandini Rakshit. His elder brother, Rajdeep Rakshit, works at a bank. His brother is 10 years older than him.
He started his career as a reporter and executive at The Telegraph in Schools (TTIS), the largest student-run newspaper. In September 2004, he was promoted to senior tiger reporter at TTIS and worked there till September 2011. He then worked with ABP news channel and Aditya Group. In August 2011, he worked as a reporter and Bollywood correspondent at the Indian news magazine ‘G’day India: Australian Indian Perspective.’ From March 2012 to November 2012, he worked as a freelance writer at Hues of Aspiration, West Bengal. In June 2012, he started working as an interview specialist and news writer at Koimoi, a leading entertainment news website. After working there till March 2014, he started working as a sub-editor at DNA India. He worked there for almost 3 years. He was then promoted to senior entertainment correspondent at DNA After Hours. In September 2013, he worked as a sub-editor and reporter at the publication house Youth Eye. Rakshit has also worked as a writer at the private companies Tollywood Dhamaka and Altamode. On 22 April 2019, Nayandeep joined the popular entertainment portal PinkVilla as a senior entertainment correspondent. He then hosted the popular celebrity talk show ‘No More Secrets.’ He has also penned many entertainment articles for PinkVilla. In 2021, Nayandeep started working as a business and content head at the Bollywood Bubble YouTube channel. Some of his popular entertainment talk shows are ‘Woman Up,’ ‘Her Story,’ ‘Cook Off,’ and ‘Chemistry 101.’
- Cuisine(s): Bengali, Chinese
- Food: Schezwan Rice, Chelo Kebab, Bengali Khichdi, Biryani, Kathi Rolls
- His family and friends call him Mantu.
- He is well-versed in various languages like English, Hindi, Bengali, and Spanish.
- His father wanted him to become a doctor in the Indian Navy. However, he was interested in journalism.
- Nayandeep has been invited to the talk show TedX Talks many times.
- During an interview, he shared that he had an anxiety issue. He said that his parents always supported him in that phase.
- He is a dog lover and has a few pet dogs named Milo and Maggie.
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- He has received a few awards in journalism like the Best Journalist Award by the Newsmakers Achievers Award.
- He is a die-hard fan of the Indian actor Shah Rukh Khan. He has shared pictures on his Instagram account in which he can be seen celebrating Shah Rukh Khan’s birthday.
- In an interview, he shared that his best interview was with Shah Rukh Khan and Vidya Balan.